Spread the love

What is Cancer?

Cancer has the potential to invade or extend to other regions of the body, involving an abnormal cell-growth group. These differ from benign, not spreading tumors.

The possible symptoms and signs include lump, abnormal hemorrhage, prolonged cough, unclear weight loss and bowel changes.

Although these signs may indicate it, other causes may also occur. More than 100 types affect human beings.Around 22 percent of cancer deaths are caused by the use of tobacco.

Another 10% are due to obesity, poor diet, a lack of fitness or excessive alcohol consumption.

Some factors also include infections, ionizing radiation exposure and pollutants in the environment.

In developing countries, 15 per cent suffer due to infections like Helicobacter pylori, hepatitis B , Hepatitis C, infection with human papillomavirus, Epstein – Bar virus and HIV.

At least partly, these factors affect a cell gene. In general, before it develops, many genetic changes are needed. About 5-10% are due to a person’s parents’ heritage genetic defects.

Some signs and symptoms or screening tests can detect it. Typically, it is further examined and confirmed by biopsy through medical imaging.

Characteristics Of Cancer

i) Cell growth and splitting without the right signals.
ii) Even with opposite signals, continuous growth and division.
iii) Prevention of cell death programmed
iv) Number of cell divisions without limit.
v) Encouraging the construction of blood vessels.
vi) Tissue invasion and metastasis formation.

Symptoms Of Cancer

No symptoms occur when cancer begins. As the mass grows or ulcerates, signs and symptoms appear. The results will depend on the type and location of the cancer.

Few are specific symptoms. Many people with other conditions often occur. Cancer can be hard to diagnose and a great imitator can be considered.

Persons can get distressed or anxious after diagnosis. There is about twice the risk of suicide in cancer patients.

The body’s response to cancer may cause systemic symptoms. Fatigue, unintended weight loss and changes to the skin may include.

Certain cancers can lead to systemic inflammatory condition, known as cachexia, which causes continuous muscular loss and weakness.

A persistent fiber can be caused by certain cancers such as Hodgkin disease, leukemia and liver or kidney cancers.

Some systemic symptoms, known as paraneoplastic syndromes, are caused by the hormones or other molecules of the tumor.

Hypercalcemia which may cause altered mental health, constipation, or dehydration or hyponatric ailment, as well as vomiting , headache, or seizures, are common paraneoplastic syndromes.

Causes Of Cancer

Most cancers are caused by genetic mutations due to environmental and lifestyle factors (approximately 80 % to 90%). The other 5–10% are due to genetic engineering.

Environmental refers to any non-genetically inherited cause, such as lifestyle, economic and conduct factors and not just pollution. Tobacco (25%–30%), food and obesity (30%–35%), infections (15%–20%), radiation (ionizing and non-ionizing, up to 10%); physical inefficiency; and contamination are common environmental factors contributing to death.

Psychological stress does not seem to be a risk factor for the onset of cancer, but in people with cancer it may deteriorate.

Preventive Measures Of Cancer

Active action to reduce the risk of cancer prevention is defined as cancer prevention. The vast majority of cases are due to factors of environmental risk.

Many of these factors are lifestyle controllables. Therefore, it can usually be avoided. Environmental causes and therefore potentially preventable account for 70 to 90 percent of common cancers.

Avoiding risk factors, including: tobacco, excess weight and obesity, poor diet , physical inactivity, alcohol, transmission of sexual infections and air pollution, could prevent over 30 percent of deaths from cancer.

Not all environmental causes, like natural background radiation and cancers of hereditary genetic disorders, are controllable, so that personal behavior can not prevent them.

Alternative Medicine Of Cancer

A diverse group of treatments, practices and products that are not part of conventional medicine are complementary and alternative cancer therapies.

The term “complementary medicine” refers to methods and substances used in conjunction with conventional medicine, while it refers to compounds used rather than conventional medicine.

Most complementary and alternative cancers medicines, such as clinical trials, have not been studied or tested using traditional techniques.

Some alternative therapies have been examined and have proven ineffective but are still being commercialized and promoted.

Scientist Andrew J. Vickers has stated: “It’s time to claim that numerous alternative cancer therapeutics are ‘displaced’ by the ‘unproved’ label.”